Friday, June 26, 2009

Nuthin to do with Chx nor eggs

Has nothing to do with the prompt.

Odd as it seems, I have a soft side

At 6:50 this morning I was looking out the back window cataloging all the tasks to perform, weed eating deadheading and the like.

From the corner of my eye I spotted the “loner”, a whitetail doe which for some reason or another doesn’t hang out with the herd that crosses the property daily. We have an established deer trail that wanders across the place. Then I caught another movement, at first I thought it a weed fluttering in the morning breeze. It moved again, it was shiny. It was a still wet newborn fawn. I called my wife, “honey we have a boinger, come look”. By the time she got to the window another fawn appeared out of the weeds. Twin fresh born fawns. We call them boingers or zippies because they have so little muscle control from the months cooped up in mom.

These babies will grow up and molest our flower and vegetable gardens. But newborn how can ya not marvel?

No comments:

Post a Comment