Sunday, June 6, 2010

The end of civility

The end of civility:



Went out to get a couple of 2x4s and 2x8s this morning…

Sunday mornin and everyone was in a rush…

Where in hell ya goin so fast?

At every octagonal sign at least one person ran the sign…

Every 75-100 feet someone didn’t signal to change lanes or turn…

Person pushed me into the oncoming lane…

Had one of those bumper fish and a sticker saying “Not perfect but forgiven”

Saw a person eating bakery and fruit in the market…

Guy passed me on the way home, using the left turn lane…

Where is the hurry…

I’m not a religious person, but the major religions claim we’re gonna live forever…

Where’s the hurry?

Where’s the giving room for your fellow person?

Where’s the good mornin?

There’s about a thousand verses to this poem…



1 comment:

  1. Indeed, at least a thousand verses, many of which I sing in a 71 VW van. I pretend the more frantic drivers are shouting "Bravo!" But my hearing is not the best.

    ReplyDelete