Saturday, July 11, 2009

One day, one day

If you were to ask my wife it’d be finishing what I start.

But “HA”, ya dint asked me wife!



In my life I’ve mastered

     auto mechanics

     Motorcycle racing

     Software engineering

well enough to make a living wage.

Of these it’s the racing which I’m the most proud.

It took sweat tears and blood and plaster.

The others were pure intuition, piece of cake.



When I was 14 I saw the Everly Brothers. That evening I thought that would be a good thing to do. [I feel that]People that choose to and can create music for others to hear are some of the luckiest people on earth. This pursuit has evaded me for 55 years.



14 years ago my wife got off the plane from Detroit with a gift from my brother in law. An old Martin guitar. It went under the bed for 12 years. Then for my birthday she got me a Takamine from Costco. It occurred to me that now I had two guitars, hmmm time to get on with it. For one year I purchased guitars and accessories trying to find that magic item which would convert me into a musician. Dint happen. I’m currently taking lessons at the local junior college. I hope now that I live long enough to take one of the instruments, go out onto a local street or park, play music(no tip jar) and not get rocks and sour produce pitched at myself.



So there!





No comments:

Post a Comment