Monday, November 30, 2009

Best I can come up with

newborn fawn just 2 minutes after birth

Well we know I've a bit of the geezer memory thing going, so here my beauty



Our house sits on 6 acres at 3000 feet in the sierra Foothills.

There are 5 game trails crisscrossing it.

One morning in June I was daydreaming out the kitchen window and noticed movement.

Just a twitch of leaves in the brush.

I grabbed a pair of field glasses and focused in on it.

There was a still glossy fawn trying to stand.

Next to him/her was the doe laying down working at getting the next one out.

The task took maybe 5 more minutes.

He/she, the next fawn stood;

Mom groomed both for 6-7 minutes and they wobbled/boinged off.

New fawns have no control over their movement, so instead of walking or running they boing about aimlessly.



No comments:

Post a Comment