Friday, November 27, 2009

Man full of himself acting badly

Rather than awkward, it proved what an absolute shit I could be.

May something 1972

My little brother the true NERD was getting married in a genuine catholic church wedding

With the reception in the basement

With every age relative.

The evening rolled on.

For some reason the brides’ little(12 year old) brother started feeding me shots.

I certainly didn’t protest

At some point myself and another brother in law came upon one another in the stairwell.

I was still in my infancy*, which would explain why I always took a squirt gun to weddings.

Squirted my brother in law

He took umbrage

Said “Gonna kick your ass”

I replied “If ya live a hundred years you still won’t be man enough”

His face turned gray and he walked away.

Twenty years after that incident, even though he and my sister had divorced

         She told me she’d never forgive



Man full of himself acting badly





* I was 31

No comments:

Post a Comment