Saturday, October 2, 2010

Impressive Y2K Scar

Bottom line

I can do what I call guitar playing



Most recent


The sad part of this story is I was sober

New years eve 1999

Waiting to take part in the festivities my wife and her sidekick had planned

Y’know dinner, rock n roll, dancing, listening to half-wits shoot guns in the air

I’d just bought a bed liner for my pick-up

The line had slots to insert 2x4, 6, 12, whatever to divide the bed

Pulled the truck around back by my work bench

Got out a 2x12

Got out a 25’ tape

Measured the required slot’s width

Got out a “Skill” worm drive saw

Started the cut

As the two pieces started to part…

For some reason I chose to grab for the falling part, not jump out of harms way…

In an instant the saw fell across my left fore arm opening a jagged 4’ slot in the arm

Cutting veins, arteries, nerves

Id disobeyed all the rules given me by my 12th grade shop teacher, Mr. Borchers as in

While operating dangerous machines

Never wear long sleeves

Never work above your belly-button

Never let the “butt” part be more than one foot in length, without a support under it

Never try to save anything, let it fall



Yelled to my wife, “Honey I need a red towel, and we need to go to the ER”

Stupid ER guy nurse, but “GREAT, GREAT, GREAT ER surgeon”

Went to dinner

Went dancing [for a while]

Listened to fools shoot guns at 2000





Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment