Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I've a notion

But my battery is wearing down

Down to about 8.5 volts


Let’s see

When I was a little kid, my mother dressed me really funny* and took me to church

Well we did learn about how much God loved us and all

However, if ya didn’t love him with all you faculties forever…

You weren’t getting No heaven

By the time I turned 16 and had been turned down for sex a few times because I hadn’t professed enough devotion….

I figured out that God must be a teen age girl

Or

The god they were trying to teach me…

Was made up during some sort of drug or starvation festival

I’ve been alive 70 years.

I’ve not met, read, heard from anyone intelligent enough to perceive the extent of the universe

Much less

GOD

What ever it is

My ancestors have a name for it…

The name is the “holy mystery”

Wakan Tanka



Any and all religions are and were invented to ease the notion of death

And

Corral people into doing stuff that don’t come natural





So there









*sport coat tie and shorts with suspenders.

Y’know, Sunday go to meeting duds.

Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment